GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football

Football NFL, NCAA, CFL, AFL, UFL, USFL, and even Fantasy Football, Pickem, Survivour, & Suicide games

Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 PM
Texans GM (LAR '17, PIT '16)

Groans: 9
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
JasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the rough

Disappointed to see the Falcons bounced by the Eagles. I was hoping for Saints-Falcons NFC final

Trade Block
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonBourne008 For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 PM

Groans: 4
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

Damn, the Titans looking good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 PM

jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

This game is cagey AF

Old 01-13-2018, 09:51 PM

And so the Corey Davis chapter begins

The Following User Says Thank You to jalexjsmithj For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:52 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedBlackNGold View Post
- 24 years old.
- 1272 yards last season @ 5 yards per carry in his second season and as a first-year as a starter.
- NFL record of 200+ yard games last season.
- averaging 5.8 YPC with Eagles this season.

Why do you say a young proven RB with these stats is not worth a very late 4th round pick?
First off let me back off my statement...only a wee wee bit...I was definitely being a little antagonistic looking for this debate. Lots of people think that it was steal, and I disagree. I would rather have Drake and a 4th, than Drake and AJayi. I think the dolphins GM made a prudent move.

Philly Philly got a great contributor, but im not sure if they can afford to have him around for more than this year, and next year - which he may be getting a pay bump for a proven performance escalator further hindering philly's cap.

24 years old, but...leading up to the draft "several executives" had removed him from their draft boards because of their medical staffs. He supposedly will require "micro-fracture surgery". He was a workhorse in college, but in the NFL hasn't really been a workhorse. Theres also the Adam Schefter report that the knee was actually "bone on bone".

200 yd games is pretty boom and bust, in fact, in 3 games he got half his total yardage and only had one 100 yard game. Its very indicative of running style which he tries to take the ball to the house every time. This means he get some first downs that he shouldn't, but also puts his teams in 3rd and long situations.

averaging 5.8 YPC yes, this is more of a credit to the eagles OC, who is using him in a rotation, and as another club in the bag. They have 3 RBs in Blount, Clement (who I really like), and Ajayi. Ajayi, during that 5.8 average had games where he has run the ball 8, 7, 5, 9, 15, 12, and 14 times. and in the games he got double digit carries his average fell to about 4.3 which is still pretty good, but no 5.8.

Now, the eagles only have him for a year and a half. Then their cap situation probably won't allow them to resign him, or it will prevent them from getting other needed talent. But they will probably get a 5th or 6th round comp in return. Also, I believe the rumors that his knee won't hold up, so I wouldn't over pay for him to have him sit on IR, so I think the comp pick rout might be the rout they take.

The reports out of Miami seemed to indicate that when he got the ball, he did what he wanted, and as an OC this is frustrating. Its important for players to mostly stick to the playbook in order to set the defense up for later in the game.
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-13-2018, 09:56 PM

NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Corey gets a song...
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
it's Afroman.
meh - i usually march to my own beat with the songs, so be faster and post it yourself next time
2015 Denver Broncos
The Following User Says Thank You to NFLRA For This Useful Post:
Hammer (01-14-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 PM

That screen took like 7 seconds to set up... Jesus.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 PM

Also, clearly down

The Following User Says Thank You to jalexjsmithj For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM

That call was soft bb